A quick and easy way to relocate an underwater site
JW Fishers acoustic pingers make it quick and easy to relocate an underwater site or piece of equipment. The pinger is attached to an underwater location where it continuously transmits a sonar signal. A diver equipped with a pinger receiver can detect the acoustic signal and follow it directly to the pinger. Pingers are available with different transmit frequencies so several can be deployed in the same general area without interfering with each other. The diver sets the pinger receiver to the desired frequency and is guided directly to the pinger.
Fishers family of commercial-grade acoustic pingers are available in the mid-frequency range (20 – 50kHz) which can transmit 2-3 thousand feet; or in the low-frequency range (11-16kHz) which can transmit 3-6 miles. Both mid and low-frequency pingers are available as a single frequency pinger; or as a multifrequency pinger which allows the operator to select the desired transmit frequency in the field. Single-frequency pingers can be ordered in select frequencies which are set at the factory.
With Fishers pingers the operator can select the number of pulses per second, the length of each pulse, the output power, and with some units Delayed Start (from a minute to 365 days). The length of each pulse and output power adjustments allow the operator to control the distance the pingers can be detected. These features make the pingers extremely versatile and the first choice for almost any relocation operation.
Low-frequency pingers are available as a Single Low-Frequency Pinger (SLFP-1) and as a Multi Low-Frequency Pinger (MLFP-1). The SLFP-1 standard frequency is 12kHz. Additional frequencies are available and must be specified at the time of order (11-16kHz in 500 Hz steps) at an economical cost. The MFP1 has user-selectable frequencies from 11 to 16 kHz in 500 Hz increments. The operator selects one of 11 different frequencies before deploying the pinger. The acoustic pinger can be automatically activated when put in the water or manually activated with a jumper on the circuit board. Several MLFP-1 pingers can be deployed in the same general area, each transmitting a different frequency. A diver using the pinger receiver can pinpoint the exact location of each pinger without interference from the others.
An Extended Operating Life housing is also available which greatly increases the operating time. The Extended Operating Life housing holds twenty “D” batteries to give 7 times the normal operating time.
All JW Fishers pingers are covered by a full TWO YEAR WARRANTY.
- External 10-foot cable for a remote on/off switch (Switch Included): $545
- Factory set custom frequencies (11-16kHz) are available for SLFP-1 (12kHz is standard): Free of charge in .5kHz steps
- Extended Operating Life housing (7 times normal operating time) for SLFP-1 or MLFP-1: $495
- PC Software Configuration (in addition to above spec): $785
- -Pulse Length: 1-10ms in 1ms increments.
- -Rep Rate: 0.5, 1, 5, or 10 sec.
- -Frequency: 11-16kHz in 0.1kHz steps.
- -Delayed Start: up to 90 days, or 365 days if Extended Life Housing.
- External 10-foot cable for a remote on/off switch: $250
- Carrying case (holds three standard pingers, or one pinger and a PR-1 pinger receiver, or one Extended Operating Life housing pinger: $250