JW FISHER SEAOTTER-2 (ROV) UNDERWATER REMOTE OPERATED VEHICLE
An economical yet powerful ROV
Fishers ROVs are completely mobile underwater camera systems that are controlled from the surface and capable of staying submerged indefinitely. These ROVs are ideally suited to a variety of applications including pipeline inspections, river and ocean searches, dam surveys, oil and gas platform work, fish farming, and homeland security operations. They can dramatically reduce search time, as well as the risk and high cost associated with diving operations. Equipped with the RMD-1 remote metal detector the ROV becomes a high-tech search system capable of locating weapons, unexploded ordnance, pipelines, buried treasure, and other metal objects.
The SeaOtter-2 comes with a carrying case
The SeaOtter-2 has many of the same features as the SeaLion-2 but is not as powerful. It is best suited to working in areas with low to medium currents. This ROV also has front and rear-facing color cameras with pan and tilt. Illumination for the front camera is provided by two, fully adjustable 2200 lumen LED’s. Lighting for the rear camera is provided by a ring of high-intensity LEDs. The SeaOtter-2 has a 500-foot depth rated housing and comes with 250 feet of cable. System controls are cleanly laid out in a high-impact waterproof case with an ultra-bright 10.5-inch flat screen monitor built into the lid. Command of the ROV’s thrusters, cameras, and lights are managed with a compact hand-held controller.
A wireless controller can also be used to give the operator even greater freedom. A gentle push on the vertical joystick propels the vehicle down into the depths, and a nudge on the horizontal sends the ROV flying over the ocean floor. The control panel has jacks and amplifiers which make it adaptable to the requirements of each job. A video output jack allows an additional remote monitor to be used simultaneously with the internal flat screen monitor. Other viewers can see the world below without crowding around the control console. An internal video amplifier adjusts picture quality to optimize the video for water clarity. Connect an external DVR recorder and make a permanent record of the underwater scene. With the internal audio amplifier, voice can also record with the video picture.
Front and rear-facing color cameras with pan & tilt, a control box with built-in 10.5-inch monitor, user-friendly compact hand-held controller (wireless controller can also be used), four powerful thrusters, 500-foot depth rated housing, 250 feet of cable included with the system, two fully adjustable 2200 lumen LEDs on the front, LED light ring on the back, video output jack for the remote monitor, video amplifier to adjust picture quality, audio amplifier to record voice with the video, the ROV’s small size and light weight make it easy for one person to deploy and operate.
JW Fisher SeaOtter-2 is backed by Fishers exclusive, unconditional TWO YEAR warranty.
ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT FOR THE JW FISHER SEAOTTER-2
- Additional cable: $8/ft
- CMS-1 Cable Management system (cable reel up to 250′): $2,995
- CMS-2 Cable Management system (cable reel up to 1,000′): $3,495
- Basic Spare Parts Kit: $1,495
- Additional sensors for compass/depth/temp: $1,495
- Single function (open/close) manipulator arm: $2,995
- 220 vac (transformer): $275
- External DVR recorder: $295
- ROV metal detector and surface display: $12,995
- SCAN-650 Scanning Sonar: $7,495
- GoPro® camera with 1,000-foot depth rated housing: $995
The SeaOtter-2 is the next generation of JW Fishers’ very popular SeaOtter ROV. With pan and tilt cameras in both front and rear, it is perfect for pipeline inspections, river and ocean searches, dam inspections, oil and gas platform work, fish farms, oceanographic research, an inspection of hazardous sites, and almost every type of underwater search or inspection operation. This ROV can dramatically reduce search time and the high costs associated with diver-based inspections. With the SeaOtter-2 your team can locate, inspect, and videotape a target without entering the water. The SeaOtter can also narrow the search area so when divers are required, their time is spent on the target, instead of swimming grid patterns. When outfitted with a metal detector (JW Fishers RMD-1), the ROV can search for weapons, unexploded ordnance, pipelines, anchors, buried treasure, or other metallic objects.
Fishers ROVs are in use around the world by US and foreign military, state and federal agencies, search and rescue groups, universities, and many commercial diving companies. These high-performance underwater camera systems make public safety search operations less dangerous by assisting in the location of drowning victims and recovery of evidence. They help eliminate the need to dive in difficult or dangerous conditions, whether it be a low visibility environment or a dive beyond no-decompression limits.
The system is very user-friendly and with just a little practice time in a pool, the operator will have the SeaOtter moving effortlessly through the water. The ROV has a powerful and sophisticated four-motor propulsion system; two motors for forward and reverse, and two motors for vertical and lateral thrust. The high output motors are reversible and operate at variable speeds. An off-the-shelf PS2 controller (supplied) operates the system. A joystick controls the horizontal motors (forward/reverse and turning) – it can hover “in place” and rotate 360 degrees, and the second joystick controls the vertical motors (up/down and lateral movement). A wireless PS2 controller can also be used.
The SeaOtter-2 sends its video picture to a topside 10.4-inch high-resolution ultra-bright color monitor which is built into the Control Box cover. Video output in the Control Box allows an additional remote monitor to be used simultaneously. An adjustable video amplifier on the Control Panel allows operator adjustment of the video picture to optimize picture quality for water clarity. Optional built-in DVR or external DVR recorder can be connected to the Control Box to make a permanent record. The Control Box also contains an audio amplifier with an input jack on the Control Panel for audio recording.
The system has two color cameras (front and back) with 4mm wide-angle lens. The camera’s 90-degree tilt allows a full 140-degree vertical viewing. The camera’s 90-degree pan allows an additional 160 degrees of horizontal viewing. Both pan and tilt are controlled by pushbuttons on the PS controller. Camera selection, front or back, is operator selectable from the Control Panel. The Control Panel also contains an LCD readout that displays the overall status of the system. Illumination is provided by two 2200 lumen, high-intensity LEDs for the front camera and an “ultra-bright” LED cluster for the rear camera.
At 43 pounds the ROV is highly portable and very “user friendly”. With the optional spare parts kit, the ROV is completely field maintainable. JW Fishers SeaOtter-2 ROV system represents a major breakthrough in cost/performance for a commercial-grade ROV. This high-performance system competes with ROVs more than twice the price.
The SeaOtter-2 is backed by JW Fishers’ exclusive UNCONDITIONAL TWO YEAR WARRANTY.
- Performance / Descriptions
- Operating Depth: 500 Feet
- Power Requirements: 120 Vac, 5 Amps, 600W Max
- Monitor:10.4 Inches, High Resolution, Ultra Bright, Color
- Lighting: 2 Dimmable, High-Intensity LEDs (2200 lumens each ) on Front, Ultra-bright LED Ring in Rear
- Motors: Four DC PM Type, Reversible, Variable Speed, Proportional Controlled, 6+lbs. Thrust Each Motor, 3 Knots
- Sealing: Five Separate Housings, O-Ring Sealed, a Leak Detector in Each Housing, Motors use “No Maintenance” Rotary Seals
- Camera / Lens: 1/3” Super HAD CCD II Color Day / Night, 4mm, 55° Vertical by 70° Horizontal Lens, 700 Lines, .0001 Lux, 90° Pan, and Tilt, Auto Iris
- Dimensions / Weights
- Monitor (built into case) : 10.4”
- SeaOtter : 23” L x 16” W x 12” H (43 lbs)
- Cable : 0.5” D x 250’ to 500’ (30 / 60 lbs)
- Control Box : 17” L x 12” W x 8.5” H (23 lbs)
- Materials / Color
- SeaOtter : High impact PVC, Stainless Steel / Yellow & Black
- Warranty: 2 Year UNCONDITIONAL
- Power Boost Circuit
- 4 Knots Forward Speed
- Highly Portable System
- LEDs on Front and Back
- Leak Detection Circuitry
- Video Output Jack for Remote Monitor
- Video Amplifier to Adjust Picture Quality
- Audio Amplifier to Record Voice with Video
- 4 Hi Output Motors, Variable Speed, Reversible
- 1,000 ft. Depth Rated Housing (up to 1500′ cable)
- Front and Rear Facing Color Cameras with Pan & Tilt
- Control Box with Built-in 15″ Ultra Bright Color Monitor
- 55° Wide Angle Lens, 90° Tilt / Pan (145° Total Viewing Area)
- User-Friendly PS Controller (wireless controller can also be used)
JW FISHER SEAOTTER-2 REMOTE OPERATED VEHICLE