The JW Fisher Pulse 6X has the same top-quality construction and 200-foot depth rating as the top-performing Pulse 8X, but with less detection range. The Pulse JW Fisher 6X not only shares many of the same features but can be upgraded to the Pulse 8X at any time. No other detector is available with this type of upgrade feature. The Pulse 6X is in use by the military, law enforcement, commercial, and salvage divers worldwide.
The claim-to-fame of this pulse induction metal detector is its ability to ignore minerals in the environment while maintaining high sensitivity to all metal targets. The Pulse 6X is not affected by highly mineralized salt water, coral, rocks with high iron content, or magnetic (black) sand; all of which drive conventional detectors crazy.
The JW Fisher Pulse 6X detects all metals from coins and jewelry, to anchors and cannons. The diver is alerted to the presence of a metal target by both visual readout (shown on the meter) and an audio output (heard in the underwater earphone). The detection range for a target is unaffected by the medium between the detector’s coil and the metal object. Performance does not vary whether detecting through the air, water, silt, sand, or solid coral.
Powered by an internal 9-volt rechargeable battery pack, the detector will easily run all day on a full charge. Recharge the battery overnight and it’s ready for another full day of hunting. The Pulse 6X comes with all the accessories needed to use the detector on land and to dive to depths of over 200 feet. The standard package includes a corrosion-proof PVC handle for underwater use and an anodized aluminum handle for land use. The package also includes an underwater earphone, AC and DC battery chargers, a hip-mount kit for the electronics housing, a spare parts kit, and JW Fishers Search Team hat. See below for additional options.
- Underwater Connector for Coil: $150
- Dual Underwater Earphones: $195
- Carry Bag: $50
- Extra Battery Pack: $75
- 10″ Coil: $195.
- 5″ Coil: $175
- 16″ Coil With Shorter Handle: $395
- 18″ Coil for Boat Deployment: $895
- 8″ x 48″ coil, skids & 100′ cable: $1,495
- Probe coil (1″ dia x 22″ long): $295
- Dimensions / Weight (in the air)
- Coil: 7.5 Inches Diameter (11 oz)
- Case : 7.5” L x 5.5” W x 4” H (4 lbs)
- Underwater Handle: 31 Inches (1.5 lbs)
- Aluminum Land Handle: 38 Inches (2 lbs)
- Shipping Box: 8” H x 12” W x 36” L (15 lbs)
- Materials / Color
- Case – High Impact Urethane / Gray
- Coil – High Impact ABS, Epoxy / Black
- Cable – RG58 Coax with Abrasion Resistant Jacketing
- Warranty: 2 Year UNCONDITIONAL
- “Battery Low” LED
- Very Sensitive and Stable
- Does Not Detect Minerals
- Depth: 200 Foot Depth Rating
- Power: Rechargeable Batteries
- Construction: Commercial Grade
- Single Control Knob for Ease of Operation
- Detects Both Ferrous and Non-Ferrous Metals
- Detection Indicated by Both Meter and Earphone
- Audio Output: Audio Jack with Detachable Earphones