Garrett AT MAX is our most versatile and advanced all-terrain VLF metal detector. With increased detection depth, built-in Z-Lynk Wireless Technology, and many other improvements, AT MAX helps treasure hunters push their limits to the MAX!
This is my favorite Garrett detector, bar none! There are many good ones out there but I really like the AT MAX.
Garrett AT Max Features:
Built-in Z-Lynk Wireless Technology
With Z-Lynk Wireless Technology, the Garrett AT Max can wirelessly connect to your headphones, so you don’t have to deal with the hassle of cords. This technology automatically pairs with your headphones and it is 6 times faster than Bluetooth. With Z-Lynk wireless, there are no cables and no interfering frequencies. There is nearly zero delay from your metal detector to your headphones, so the readings are as accurate and fast as possible.
Garrett MS-3 Z-Lynk Wireless Headphones
This metal detector comes with corresponding wireless headphones. They automatically sync with your metal detector, so there is no dealing with faulty Bluetooth connections. These wireless headphones are high fidelity, so you’ll hear every alert.
- NEW Built-in Z-Lynk™ Wireless TechnologyCut the cord! Integrated circuitry transmits audio to your wireless headphones. Six times faster than Bluetooth speed! Auto pairing. No cables, and no interference from other wireless devices.
- NEW Garrett MS-3™ Z-Lynk Wireless Headphones includedThe speed of Z-Lynk Wireless Technology, and high-fidelity audio…with no cords attached!
- Maximum Detection DepthIncreased transmit power and enhanced electronics provide AT Max with significant depth increase.
- True All Metal ModeDetects all types of metal and provides the greatest possible detection depth and sensitivity.
- Backlight: Illuminates LCD screen for improved visibility in low-light situations.
- Optimized FrequencyThe AT Max’s 13.6 kHz operating frequency provides excellent detection on a wide range of targets—including silver coins, gold jewelry, and brass relics.
- High-Resolution Ground BalanceAutomatic and manually adjustable for improved performance. Includes 175 points of Ground Balance resolution, allowing the AT Max to handle both conductive soils (such as saltwater beaches) and highly mineralized ground.
- Automatic Ground Balance WindowGarrett Exclusive feature will simultaneously ground balance to a range of values to help overcome localized ground variations. By reducing subtle ground responses, the Automatic Ground Balance Window smooths detector audio and allows the user to hear faint targets.
- Larger Display Numbers: Digital Target ID number, Iron Discrim number, etc.
- More Controls—All easily accessible with a single finger as you search.
AT MAX’s other features include:
- Iron AudioHear discriminated iron (normally silenced) to avoid digging tricky, undesired flat iron items.
- All-Metal Iron AudioGarrett Exclusive feature that audibly identifies discriminated iron while operating in a True All-Metal Mode.
- Adjustable FrequencySmall frequency shifts to eliminate interference.
- All-Terrain VersatilityFully submersible to 10-foot (3 meters) depth. Weatherproof design also protects against dusty and humid environments.
For underwater use, optional wired headphones must be used.
- Digital Target ID—0 to 99 scale.
- High-Res Iron Discrimination44 points of iron resolution.
- Adjustable ThresholdUser can manually adjust the audio threshold (the constant background sound or “hum”) to better hear faint targets.
- Pulse Width Modulation AudioProportional PWM audio response and Tone Roll Audio provide more target information and sharp, responsive target signals.
- Four Search Modes:True All-Metal, Custom, Coins, and Zero Discrim Modes.
- Fast Recovery Speed
- Notch Discrimination
- Coin Depth Indicator
- Battery Condition Indicator
- All Garrett AT search coils are compatible:4.5″ SuperSniper, 5″ x 8″ DD coil, 6.5″ x 9″ concentric coil, 8.5″ x 11″ DD coil, and 9″ x 12″ concentric coil.